About Meghan

My photo
I am a mother of 2, wife, daughter and big sister celebrating her 40th year.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Challenge Complete!

Run in Italy!

I just returned from an amazing vacation and I am proud to say I was able to fit in 3 runs in 3 different cities in Italy.  I am very grateful to have experienced this beautiful country with the people I love and in such a unique way (on the run). 

First was Roma!  Marigene and I got up early and hit the streets before the crowds.  We were so happy to find Piazza Navona empty, the sun shining and a cobblestone-FREE path along the Tiber River.  What an amazing way to see Rome!  At the half way mark we took pictures at La Bocca della Verità (Mouth of Truth) then turned to make our way back home.  4.5 miles Finito!


Second Sorrento!  I wish you could smell the lemons and oranges hanging from the trees in Sorrento right now.  The wonderful aroma and vistas helped me forget how challenging this run was.  My running partners (Mike and John) forced to me run at a faster pace.  Check out this video of the Mediterranean Sea!


Third Pescara (a gem on the Adriatic)!  We woke early, crossed the street and headed to the beach for an amazing run.  Mike, Marigene, John and I ran 3.5 miles and came across a really neat pedestrian bridge.