About Meghan

My photo
I am a mother of 2, wife, daughter and big sister celebrating her 40th year.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Challenge Complete!

Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon


The Cleveland Experience was outstanding!  John and I laughed at the 100% chance of rain forecast & headed downtown @ 6:00 am this morning.  It turned out to be perfect running weather, foggy, cool with a slight mist in the air.  We loved the new course and were so happy to see all the fans out to cheer us on.  Our favorite cheerleader was our oldest daughter.  My parents, daughter & brother were nice enough to drive around the city, wait on corners in the fog & cold to support us.  Thank you - it helped more than you know! 

The highlight of the race was when my daughter joined me to cross the finish line.  She said "Mom I did not start this with you, but I am going to finish it with you!" She did a great job running in Uggs boots & a raincoat!  I am counting down the days until we can run a real race together. 

To help pass the miles I completed a few exercises (inspired by the great new books I am reading - more about them soon):

  1. Mile 8-9 what are the things I love about my life
  2. Mile 9-10 who are the people in my life that I love the most & what do I love about them
  3. Mile 10-11 where are the next places I hope to go on vacation & what do I want to do there
The rest of the miles were fueled by bands, silly signs and pure adrenaline.  By the way here were the best signs I saw:
  1. On "old lady" holding a sign that read "I love boys with stamina"
  2. A 10 year old chubby boy's sign read "Run faster---I just FARTED!"
  3. A 3 year old girl's sign read "Suck it up Princess"
Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts & well wishes – another challenge is complete!!!